If you’re thinking about having a stairlift installed in your home or you’ve just recently got one, you must be up to speed with how they work. The great thing about stairlifts is that they are very easy to navigate and require little maintenance, however, there are a few do’s and don’ts that you should be aware of.
Here explain all you need to know about using your stairlift properly.
- Make sure you are securely fastened in the stairlift before moving. The seatbelt is there to keep you upright and properly positioned in the chair and although you are only travelling a short distance it’s still important to wear.
- Keep the stairlift folded away after use. This will keep the staircase clear for other people and prevent tripping hazards.
- Check that your clothing or shoelaces are not trapped anywhere on the stairlift. Loose items can easily get caught so ensure they are kept out of the way before moving the stairlift.
- Have a professional look at any problems you are experiencing to ensure the stairlift working efficiently.
- Let more than one rider use the stairlift at one time. This could exceed the maximum weight capacity and make the system unstable. You may also get stuck halfway if the lift is unable to
- Allow children to play on the stairlift. Some come with a child-proof setting, however, you should still keep an eye on them nonetheless.
- Eat food or drink while using the stairlift. If you do need to carry food, make sure they are in a sealed container or sealed up to prevent spillages and damage to the stairlift.
At Alfix, our range of stairlifts are suitable for straight and curved staircases. We understand how important it is for you to feel comfortable and safe in your home, which is why our products fit so many different needs. With over 20 years of experience in the industry, you can rely on our professional team to install the right stairlift for you and your home. Contact us today for more information.